Monday 10 August 2009

a bitch of an itch

Rarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr the promised skin reaction has arrived!!! It started a couple of days ago when I idly wondered why my neck was itching and put it down to a stealthy yet frenzied mosquito attack while I was asleep. Then I went to put my perfume on (Paul Smith Rose, if you were wondering) and dab it behind my ears and had a massive "D'OHHH!" moment - it was obviously a skin reaction to perfume. The radiology team did tell me not to use any perfume but I thought that the skin around my ears would be safe. Evidently not. Now the skin on the entire circumference of my neck is itchy, blistering, reddened and thoroughly hacked off.

Well that's what it feels like. When I try to get a photo of this it looks disappointingly ordinary, if a little pink.Check out those bright red earlobes though! Good job I didn't get my ears pierced after all.... oh well maybe I can do it later when the whole cancer malarkey is over, and MAYBE Father will buy me some nice pearl earrings! Isn't he a nice daddy........ (haha get out of that one Daddy-o).

And you know what else? My hair is falling out too. Now don't worry - just a little bald patch at the back where it's been caught by the radiation on its way out. Taking a photo of this was pretty damn difficult but I managed in the end. I'm just a little annoyed at this as I am fiercely overprotective of the hair that's coming back. I have a cowlick at the front. yes I have enough hair to have a COWLICK. This is SO EXCITING!


As for the Jaws & mincing machine lovechild - I have worked out how to shut him up for a couple of hours. 2 soluble paracetamol + 2 ibuprofen + oxetacaine = silent throat and opportunity to eat without too much pain. Hurrah!! Am now off out to have dinner with the grandparentals as is my lovely Grandad's birthday. Ciao ciao :D

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear, you seem to have swapped your frog for a mozzie - so unfair.

    ReplyDelete