Wednesday 3 March 2010

thank the little lord jesus and all his cherubim and seraphim

Gaaaaaaaaah! Sorry, I know my CT results were 3 weeks ago and that this update is long overdue. In my defence I have been attempting to write 4500 words on 3 patients for my Mental Health presentation, writing lymphoma articles for the Courier, having a wonderful birthday weekend at home, having a hilarious birthday murder mystery party...etc etc.

Now to update you guys... after quite a long and anxious wait that's been going on since December, I got my CT results back last week and they were COMPLETELY, UTTERLY, GORGEOUSLY NORMAL!!!! hallelujah!! If I was a crying sort of person, I probably would have cried for happiness but instead I just went around with a massive manic grin on my face for about 24 hours. I also wholeheartedly cursed the swine-flu jab for blighting my Christmas with so much panic ... but then went back to manic grinning. Oh and my facebook status got 93 likes! I was very flattered and grateful to all my amazing friends - you guys rock.

Now that sets my follow-up back on track; I won't have to go back to the NCCC until May! which seems a long way off right now, mainly because 8 miserable weeks of CIDR (Chronic Illness and Disability Rehabilitation, for those of you lucky enough not to know what it is) lie between now and then. CIDR was the bane of my life last year and I was overjoyed to have finished it, only to get cancer 2 weeks later. Not a high point. Fortunately this year it gets split in half by Easter so I can refuel with chocolate and Wales holiday, uninterrupted by chemo this time.

Ooh I was also in this article in the Sunday Sun to raise Lymphoma Awareness. I'm not really sure that making me laugh manically in the rain in my backyard was the best way to get a good photo, but hey, anything to raise awareness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment