Sunday 14 June 2009

Tim is coming home today...

...from Japan where he has been for the last 3 months! Am very excited to see my wee brother!!! :D :D :D

Also the lovely Gaita has come to visit me this weekend and we have been revising - it feels rather good to be using my brain again, properly, for the first time since March. Oh and we have eaten lots too - steak and chips last night which turned into one of those occasions where I was just cramming mouthful after mouthful of pink steak and crispy chips in without pausing for breathing because it was so DAMN GOOD. Mmmmm hoo boy.

I got another lovely parcel, this time from some German friends who know the way to my heart is through Erdbeernektar.... here it is, looking as though it has just descended from heaven. (Which indeed it might have; food of the gods I tell you, especially on vanilla icecream with strawberries...)
That's strawberry syrup to the non-German speakers amongst you (well the only German I know is Erdbeernektar, so I can't really take the linguistic moral high ground here). Danke schön to the Jesse family - you are so kind! :D
I also hear I have a few other German blog readers which is very exciting: Hallo!! Wie geht's? (Is that right? Fabia??)

The hammock has arrived too, so when the weather is good - quite often of late - I go and lie around in the dappled light, reading books.
The chemo side effects are resolving as usual (except for the constipation which only lifted this morning to my great relief... well you try not pooing for a week and see how you feel...) and I went for a run this morning. I was very slow and stopped a lot, but I've come to regard the first run after chemo as a breaking in for the next run: i.e. I never run well, but it makes the Tuesday run easier.

Hair update: is falling out some more, and I have been shaved again - this time a number 3 and an even shorter number 2 at the back. The back is where it's thinnest, probably because I lie on that part and rub all my hair off. Apparently I also did this when I was a baby - thanks to father for providing this reminiscent story...

I now look quite ridiculous. At least I have a nicely-shaped head.

Off to do some more revision with Gaita on our splendid Infectious Diseases spider diagram...

2 comments:

  1. You like Jasper Fforde too! Do you have his other books? Pamela (NLS)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pamela, I have ALL of them.... which are your favourites?? Do you know when the next one is coming out? I feel he has been a bit quiet for too long!!

    ReplyDelete