Sunday 19 April 2009

hair today, gone tomorrow!

Back again - I felt a hair update was needed, and indeed my hair has been a constantly-changing development in recent weeks! First there was the platinum bob which is already much missed. Sadly, after the last post where I said it was starting to fall out, it really DID start to fall out in earnest. I can't say I wasn't forwarned; all the info they gave me said "You WILL lose your hair, starting day 1 to 14 after your first treatment." Eek. And it did start at about day 15. I would run my hands through it and come out with a handful of blonde fluff. When I actually brushed it: oh dear lord.


After about a week of this I had lost pretty much half to 3/4 of my hair, and what was left was looking a bit manky. So I managed to get hold of some pink hair dye in Carmarthen (a Welsh market town, look you - and yet v.g. variety of hair dye. I was impressed.) And we dyed my hair - see photographic evidence.



This morning - after my run which should have given me lots of endorphins, tsk - I started a slow slide into a catatonic wailing state. This was for many reasons, including convincing myself I have MS as well... because something else really needs to go wrong with my body. This is a long story; an exciting mix of hypochondria and facial parasthesia. If any neurologists are reading this I WANT TO TALK TO YOU.

Anyway Mother managed to halt the slide by chivvying me from my bed of sorrow and downstairs to "do something about your hair". Readers, I was SHORN like a SHEEP with a pair of No.8 clippers. She dyed it a bit pinker too - is really quite vibrant now. Unfortunately I am not photogenic today and you will have to wait until I am, or until you see me in the flesh.

I would stay longer to chat but Isobel and I have a date with the television and Desperate Housewives - au revoirrrrrr.

3 comments:

  1. Loving the pink hair girl!! Mine went a bit shorter this weekend too. I'm rockin' a FauxHawk :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roz you are a very good blog writer. Yes, I love the hair too!
    Love you lots, Isobel. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving the pink hair, and also love your green hoody! I want it! :D
    Kerry xxxx

    ReplyDelete