Tuesday 7 April 2009

Kate, risotto, Twilight and wine - oh and my white blood cells

Good news! My white blood cells are back up to 3.97 x 109/L (that means 39700000000 per litre of blood - I think) which is almost back into the normal range (4 - 11 x 109/L). My haemoglobin is now a normal 12.2 g/dL (normal range is 11.5 - 16.g/dL for a girl). I was going to be geeky and do a chart in Microsoft Excel of all this, but decided to save it for when I had some more results to actually plot.

Anyway all that means that my body has recovered from the last chemo, so chemo #2 can go ahead on Thursday. I can barely contain my excitement.

Last night Kate came up to keep me company - she brought all the ingredients for a mean bacon and courgette risotto (no photos, sadly; we ate it too fast). AND she brought me Twilight on DVD and I finally see what everyone was on about. The scales have fallen from my eyes. I am in LOVE with Edward Cullen....oh my!! We also drank our way through a bottle of wine in my spectacular fall off the wagon - however am now firmly back on.

Tonight I am going to stay with the grandparents for spoiling purposes, then returning to Newcastle with the parents on Wednesday night ready for chemo on Thursday morning. Then most likely home on Thursday afternoon. There - all my movements in case you want to blow me up...or stalk me. Au revoir for now!

3 comments:

  1. cu tomorrow then XD (And I think there is one too many 0s on that figure)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hang in there girly! I hope chemp day 2 goes well. I finished chemo days 1 and 2 but still working on treatment 1. Each treatment (BEACOPP) takes 2 weeks in total!

    So sad no pictures of food today. I heart food and would have loved to see the bacon courgette

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea why we are on different treatments? What stage are you in? I'm a 3B, what fun! My oncologist and I were taking about ABVD treatment when he thought I was a 2B, and then when the bone marrow and pet scan came back showing me at a 3B my treatment changed to BEACOPP with no radiation. Also changed to a more aggressive schedule BLEH! Whatever I'll do what they want me to do to keep this cancer in the ass!!!

    ReplyDelete