Sunday 26 April 2009

a lovely weekend

Have had a fantastic weekend back in Newcastle! Annoyingly chemo#3 has been moved to Monday instead of Tuesday (because of clashes with clinics or something) so the span of my insatiable appetite has been shortened by a day and my & mother's carefully planned train journeys have gone a little pie-shaped. HOWEVER the sooner this happens the sooner chemo will finish whoop de doop!

True to form, I have had some great food this weekend - dinner at Bruges, a picnic in the park, rhubarb crumble with Desperate Housewives, and a glorious roast dinner courtesy of Kate & Kim (and Andrew who mashed the garlic mashed potato). Which reminds me: I have to pass on some of Kate's culinary wisdom to you all - mashed potato with garlic in is DELICIOUS!! use the squeezy garlic in a tube. MMMM am planning this for chemo comfort food...with cheese on top. Excited already!

Unfortunately have failed to balance all this gluttony out with any exercise other than a wonderful yoga sesh this morning....is about time I lost my appetite again if you ask me.

A sudden - though all too short - burst of relative photogenicity means I can show you what my newly short pink hair looks like:


The hair loss seems stable for the moment; not sure what this bodes but my guess is the next major fall-out will be in a few days (as a delayed result of chemo #2). Quite excited to see what I look like bald.

Off for pre-chemo beauty sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment